Sugar Cookies are the most simple cookies you can actually get. But on the other hand, the decoration is usually far from simple. First baked, they look plain and boring, but you can add your own twist and “Christmas” the hell out of those cookies!
You can glaze them with Royal Icing, dip them into sparkling sugar crystals, fill them with delicious jam or use a simple icing made from powdered sugar and lemon! And let’s not forget a chocolate covering… oh, so many options…
- 250g Soft Butter
- 250g Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Vanilla Beans
- 6g Baking Powder
- 500g Flour
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Mix your eggs, salt, the soft butter (best at room temperature), the vanilla (both the paste as well as the ground vanilla) and the sugar in a bowl until creamy. Combine your dry ingredients and mix them into your wet ones. Knead them in properly - done best by hand. So use your muscles!
- Wrap the dough into cling film and let it rest for at least 4 hours in your fridge. You can leave it over night, which will give you the best result for your bake.
- Preheat oven at 200°C. Roll the dough thinly, not thicker than 5mm and use a cookie cutter. Transfer the cookies to a baking tray covered with a sheet of baking paper and bake them for 5 to 8 minutes at 200°C.
- Let them cool and then go crazy and be creative with your decorations!
- Use Royal Icing, sprinkles, chocolate, jam fillings... whatever your sweet tooth desires...
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.